The BSN program at Jay College of Health Sciences Inc. prepares graduates to
enter professional positions in a variety of care settings with clients of all ages from diverse populations. Students are prepared to become nurses who will improve individual, family, and community health and wellness by applying acquired skills and knowledge to their practice.
The BSN program combines traditional classroom work with the use of technologies, simulations and learning through service to the community. With a BSN degree from Jay College of Health Sciences Inc. graduates are able to propel their careers from caregiver to manager and beyond.
The BSN curriculum is is designed to enhance and advance the student's professional nursing career, and fully incorporates the institution’s mission and vision, professional nursing standards and guidelines, and the nursing faculty’s experiences and beliefs concerning person, health, environment, nursing, and nursing education.
Students receive didactic, simulation, and practicum training in each of the required nursing competencies:
• Skilled Nursing
• Medical-Surgical Nursing
• Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
• Pediatric Nursing
• Geriatric Nursing
• Obstetrical/ Gynecologic Nursing
• Maternity Nursing
• Community Nursing
All courses are offered on campus.
Registration = $150
Other Costs = $600
Entrance Exam = $35
Application = $25
Registration = $150
Other Costs = $600
Official Transcript Fee= $40.98
Generic BSN - 36 months
LPN-BSN - 24 months
RN-BSN - 12 months
• The Bachelor of Science in nursing degree is a limited access program that includes 36 semester credit hours of General Education courses and 97 semester credit hours of nursing courses.
• Jay College of Health Sciences, Inc. accepts a maximum of 76 transfer credit hours toward the completion of the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree. Acceptance of transfer credits is at the discretion of Jay College of Health Sciences, Inc.
Transfer Credit Requirements: In order for a course to be accepted for transfer the following conditions must be met:
• A grade of “C” or better must be earned.
• Physical & Biological Sciences and Mathematics core courses must have been completed within the past seven years.
• Courses must be at the collegiate level.
The following courses are required to meet the General Education requirement:
• Math- 3 credit hours
• English- 3 credit hours
• Social and Behavioral Science- 3 credit hours
• Physical and Biological Science- 6 credit hours
• Humanities- 3 credit hours
• Technology- 3 credit hours
• 15 elective credit hours
• The Bachelor of Science program is a traditional program. Students without prior nursing training, as well as students with prior nursing training, are eligible to apply for the program. Applicants with RN or LPN licensure may transfer core nursing courses that meet the standards of Jay College of Health Sciences, Inc. Applicants seeking admission into the LPN-BSN or RN-BSN programs must provide proof of a current, active, unrestricted license.
• LPN-BSN: The BSN program recognizes the Florida Licensed Practical Nurses’ knowledge and skill level and provides experiential learning credits for up to 10 credit hours. The experiential learning credits are awarded at the time of degree conferral.
• RN Licensure: Jay College of Health Sciences, Inc. accepts a maximum of 76 lower division transfer credits towards the BSN program for licensed registered nurses.
• Satisfactorily complete the HSC 101 Health Science Core class (students may be eligible for a waiver if they have a current Florida or national license in another direct patient-care health care profession).
Testing Requirements: All nursing students will be required to take HESI specialty exams throughout the curriculum and are required to pass each exam with a 70% in order to progress to the next course. Students are also required to take a HESI EXIT exam to achieve program completion. In addition to the HESI specialty exams, students are required to complete an NCLEX review offered by the institution prior to completion of the program.
To be considered for acceptance into the program,
applicants must meet some initial requirements:
Applicants must also be proficient in verbal and written English. All programs are conducted in the English language.
The BSN program offers three entry points into the full-time program,
which is offered in the traditional classroom setting.
Applicants who have no previous nursing education enter the program
as generic students.
Applicants who hold a current unrestricted Florida practical nursing license and who fulfill all the admissions requirements, enter the program as LPN-BSN Transition students. 10 experiential learning credits for up to 10 credit hours may be accepted.
Applicants who hold a current unrestricted license in registered nursing and who fulfill all the admissions requirements, enter the program as
RN-BSN Transition students. Jay College of Health Sciences accepts a maximum of 60 lower division transfer credits towards the
Jay College of Health Sciences does not guarantee employment
as a Registered Nurse upon graduation.
Tuition: (In-state - $292/credit hour)
Generic = $38,836
LPN-BSN = $35,916
RN-BSN = $17,812
The tuition listed above is only an estimate based on a student completing a program in its entirety at Jay College of Health Sciences, Inc.
The difference between the total amount listed and the amount a student might pay may be less depending on the amount of credits that a student transfers into the institution. All tuition fees are subject to change.